Monday, April 7, 2014

Hey New Year's Resolution, I Still See You!

So, the first three months of the year are gone, 25% of 2014 has passed, spring is upon us, etc... how are you doing with your Resolutions?
According to Statistic Brain, 64% of Americans have kept their resolution after 1 month.  That number drops to 46% at the 6 month marker.  I feel this is a good place to address it (better odds of completing the resolutions that getting that perfect bracket for March Madness).
I made 2 resolutions (or goals, if you remember reading the original post): to read 25 books and to lose 20 lbs.
The book goal is progressing well: 7 books down in 3 months:
He Is Not Silent by Albert Mohler
Gazelles, Baby Steps and 37 Other Things Dave Ramsey Taught Me About Debt by Jon Acuff
Be A People Person by John Maxwell
What Is The Trinity by John Maxwell
The Communist Manifesto by Carl Marx
Saving For Retirement (Without Living Like A Pauper Or Winning The Lottery) by Gail MarksJarvis
The Greatness Principle by Nelson Searcy
These have been some good reads.  They vary in length, none more than 250 pages, so pretty easy in reads.  A good way to continue to accomplish your goals is to get easy wins to stay motivated... by having some shorter reads, or just pleasure reads, for me, I have been able to keep going and stay just ahead of pace to hit my goal.  *Always look for easy wins to keep motivated*

As for the weight, I've lost 7 lbs, but I think by this point, I should have crushed it.  But, to understand that though I should've crushed it (in my opinion), there are some positives: I'm eating healthier by consuming less caffeine, eating more salads (almost daily), and working out almost daily (more on that later).  So, even though I was a little down that I've not already hit that goal, I am creating good habits. *Don't focus on the negative, find the positive in journey.* 

How about you?  How have you done so far?  What keeps you going to reach your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment